BatteryCare is a software to optimize usage and performance of your laptop’s battery. It monitors the battery discharge cycles and helps increasing its autonomy and improving its lifetime.
Following are the features :
1) Battery’s discharge cycles monitoring : The advanced algorithm accurately records when a complete discharge cycle is performed. When the configured number of discharge cycles is reached, a notification balloon pops up to remind that a full discharge is required.
2) Complete battery information : It calculates the statistical remaining time in laptops that don’t support the battery time left information and only list the charge percentage. Shows all the detailed information about the battery, such as wear level, capacities, consumption, manufacturer, etc.
3) Notification area information : In battery mode, the notification icon shows the remaining time and percentage of battery.
4) Automatic power plans switching : Depending on the power source of the computer, BatteryCare can automatically select the power plan you prefer.
5) Control over Windows Aero and demanding Services : Automatically disable the graphics accelerated theme in Windows Vista and/or demanding services that degrade battery lifetime. Once the laptop stops running on batteries, the theme is re-enabled and the stopped services are restored. Just click on ‘Option’ on the top left corner of BatteryCare window. Below is the screen shot.
6) Auto-updates : No need to trouble in downloading new installers, when a new version is available, the program updates itself.
7) Lightweight in the system : Given the concern about the battery optimization, BatteryCare does not interfere with the system performance. It requires only a mere 0,1% of Processor and Memory resources.
Stay tuned for more.