Let us come quickly to the procedure.
Following are the steps :
1) I assume you already have a twitter account. If not then create one on www.Twitter.com.
2) Login into account. Got to ‘Settings’ –> ‘Click on ‘Devices’ tab–> mention your mobile number and click on ‘Save’. You need to check the flag just below ‘Save’ button before you click on ‘Save’. As soon as you click on ‘Save’, you will be asked to verify your mobile number. Below are the screen shots.
Verification message :
3) Now, your mobile number is verified and you can send text message to twitter via your mobile. Below are the numbers to which you need to send text messages to update your twitter, says Twitter
- US: 40404
- Canada: 21212
- UK, Vodafone subscribers only: 86444
- Germany: +49 17 6888 50505
- Sweden: +46 737 494222
- India: 5566511 (note: this short code is still in beta, so if you can’t use it, try our international number below.)
- All other countries: +44 762 4801423
I tried sending SMS to 5566511 but it didn’t work. Therefore I used +44 762 4801423 and it worked fine. My twitter was updated with the text message instantaneously.
With this we come to the end of this post.
Stay tuned for more.