Friends, I was just going through the settings of my Facebook account and came to know about a facility which enables you to set your status in Facebook via your mobile phone. For this you just need to register your mobile number with Facebook.
Well the process is quite simple and following are the steps :
1) Login to your Facebook account.
2) Click on ‘Settings’ –> ‘Mobile’ tab –> ‘Register for Facebook Mobile Text’. Following is a screen shot :
3) Now, just follow the instruction on above screen which says, send letter ‘f’ (without quotes) to 9232232665. Once you send letter f to the mentioned number, you will receive an activation code.
4) Click ‘Next’ and following screen will appear. Here you need to give the code which you have received and click on ‘Confirm’. You canuncheck ‘Add my cell number to my profile’ if you want.
5) Once you click on ‘Confirm’, you will receive an SMS on your mobile something like
Confirmed! Text 9232232665 (92FACEBOOK) to set your status.
In simple words, if you want to set your status to, say Setting status in Facebook then just type Setting status in Facebook as a text message and send it to 9232232665.
6)Apart from the above SMS, a screen will be shown to you in Facebook where you can customized your preferences pertaining to what, how , when and from whom you want to receive updates via SMS. Save your preferences and its done.
I have already tried and its working. So, use this facility to update your status on the run. The best thing is that you can Set your status from any mobile that can send text message. Well, you don’t need to have an expensive handset with facebook application.
Thats it for now friends.
Stay tuned for more.