Well, the procedure is quite simple. Below are the steps :
1) Login into your yahoo mail account.
2) Click on the downward arrow adjusent to ‘compose’. Below window will appear.
3) Click on SMS and you will be asked to choose the country to where you want to send SMS.
4) Choose a country from the dropdown and click ‘Save’. Then below window will appear where you need to mention the mobile number to which you want to send SMS.
5) Fill the mobile number and click on SMS. It’ll result in below window wherein you can type your message and send.
You can send SMS to anyone using mobile device of Yahoo’s approved mobile partners. Following are Yahoo’s partners in India.
For complete list of Yahoo’s approved partners you can take a look at Yahoo’s approved mobile partners.
Further, to save the recipient from spam text messages, Yahoo has palced a limit to the number of text messages one can send to a mobile phone befor you recieve a responce from the mobile. The limit is 4 SMS i.e you can send 4 SMS to a particular mobile number and once you receive a reply, you can send 4 more.
You can also take a look at my earlier post [How to]Send free SMS from your Gmail chat.
Stay tuned for more.