CCleaner is a free system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system – allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. But the best part is that it´s fast (normally taking less that a second to run) and FREE! :), as described by the publisher. Below is a screenshot/image of CCleaner.
CCleaner cleans the following :
1) Internet Explorer : Temporary files, history, cookies, Autocomplete form history, index.dat.
2) Firefox : Temporary files, history, cookies, download history, form history.
3) Google Chrome : Temporary files, history, cookies, download history, form history.
4) Opera : Temporary files, history, cookies.
5) Safari : Temporary files, history, cookies, form history.
6) Windows : Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.
7) Registry cleaner : Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more… also comes with a comprehensive backup feature.
8 ) Third-party applications : Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, Microsoft Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more…
9) 100% Spyware FREE : This software does NOT contain any Spyware, Adware or Viruses.
What’s New in CCleaner v2.22
– Redesign of Cleaner results panel.
– Added support for Opera 10 Beta.
– Added support for Safari 4.0.
– Added search to Uninstall tool.
– Added search to Cookies screen.
– Improved User assist cleaning in Windows 7.
– Fixed bug in OpenOffice cleaning.
– Fixed IE8 SuggestedSites.dat cleaning support.
– Fixed UI bugs.
You can download CCleaner from here.
Installation is very easy and just a matter of few clicks. During installation, you will be asked for installing CCleaner Yahoo tollbar. It is not mandatory to install this.
I am using CCleaner for past 4 months and quite happy about it.
Stay tuned for more.